Dance like nobody's watching
The dancer

Photobucket Joyce Here! I am currently in the Bachelor of Arts in Education Majoring in English Language and I also take Art and Math


previous posts

Multimodal Pedagogies in the Language and Literacy...
Youth Participation in Shaping the Textual Landscape
i overlooked...
Critical Reading in Everyday Life
Hybridity and Diversity
The Futures of Literacy
Some thoughts on Semiotics...
Flower
My Thoughts on Literacy
Some Thoughts on NLG's "A Pedagogy of Multiliterac...


past

January 2009
February 2009
March 2009


links

.:Noelle:.
.:Aishah:.
.:Alen:.
.:Bee Bee:.
.: Haliah:.
.:Hui Ling:.
.:Ivan:.
.:Kai Ling:.
.:Marie:.
.:Mei Chen:.
.:Natalie:.
.:Nazeha'a:.
.:Pavani:.
.:Sangeetha:.
.:Shariffah:.
.:Syazwani:.
.:Zoie:.
.:Jess:.

Credits

Designer: Elies
Base code:OHsaygoodbye
Image: Kristi

Thursday, March 26, 2009

( Multimodality, 'reading' and literacy @ 10:59 PM )

“the affordances of new technologies reconfigure the multimodal aspects of reading and writing in ways that are newly significant for reading” (C.Jewitt, 107).

This line made a lot more sense after the activity we did in class and here are some of my thoughts.

I view countless of website on a daily basis (I’m sure all of us do) but I have never thought about my reading path. Indeed, the images presented in the websites are a critical tool to get me interested to want to go on reading. I make sense of the images and decide if it is worth my time and effort to continue reading or viewing the website. There are countless of websites on the worldwide web and as a viewer, simply by a click of a button, I’m in a totally different space. Thus, visuals are an extremely important feature to capture the viewer.




0 comments